A Classic California Styled Shoot
What was the inspiration behind this styled shoot?
The inspiration behind this styled shoot is highlighting the classic hotel wedding for a high-end/black-tie, sophisticated LGBTQAI+ couple. And what better place than the historic and CLASSIC Claremont Hotel, in Berkeley!
What are some of the key elements in this shoot?
I wanted to tie in the modern elements to speak to the modern couple as well, notice not “Trendy” but classic elements. Such as a hand painted cake, glassybaby votives, beautiful high overflowing centerpiece and velvet linen!! Other key elements include the “modern” day of wedding stationary such as programs, menus, place cards and the acrylic welcome sign!
Is there an overall theme and/or color palette in this shoot?
The color story for the shoot was inspired by the carpet in the ballroom (lol). The color story was Gray (base), Ivory, Greenery, Dusty Rose, Copper/Gold (accents). I wanted everything to flow from the carpet to the chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings!
Why did you choose to use an LGBTQAI+ couple for the shoot? What significance did it have?
I selected to use one of my couples whose wedding that I am planning, because I want real love represented. Not models, when you do that the chemistry is not there, and that is extra important to me when trying to inspire others to tell their love story. It’s true that a picture is worth a thousand words!
- Creative Direction, Design & Styling: Chanda Daniels Planning & Design
- Production: A Monique Affair
- Location | Chef: Claremont Hotel
- Fine Art Photographer: Patrick Quezada
- Florist: Kay Wolff Design
- Stationery: Bowerbird Atelier
- Hair & Makeup: D+A Bridal
- Rentals: Blueprint Studios
- & Standard Party Rentals
- Linens: Napa Valley Linens
- Ring Box: Esselle
- Votives: Glassybaby
- Attire - Emi: Lili Safarini
- Attire - Anicia: Kipper Clothiers